Come along to one of these workshops for an introduction to collecting seed and propagating native vegetation for your own property.
These workshops are FREE and are supported by Natural Resources South East and Nature Glenelg Trust
What: Starting From Seed Workshops – presented by local expert Neville Bonney
- Carpenter Rocks Hall: Friday 14 June AND
- Struan House (just South of Naracoorte): Sunday 16 June
Time: 10:00am (SA time) for both workshops
- Understanding different seed types
- when and how to collect certain species
- how to correctly identify mature and immature seed capsules
- tools and equipment needed for a successful seed collection program
- laws for seed collection permits
- where you can and cannot collect seed
- ethical standards for collectors
A hands on session after lunch will involve visiting a nearby bushland site to practice your newfound skills.