25 Aug Walker Swamp campaign update: the countdown is on, with one week to go!
Time is flying by and our active fundraising campaign for the Walker Swamp land purchase is into its final week… with the 2/3 mark now in sight!
and the live tally is…
Over the past few months, the active campaign has seen myself and Greg travel far and wide to share the story of the project (including how we got the concept up and running, against the odds), with many of the fantastic service clubs, Landcare and community groups located across our region.
So as we head into our final week of the active campaign, if you learned about the project at one of these events – or through our email newsletter – and are passionate about what we are trying to do, now is definitely the time to get on board – we’d really appreciate your support!
PS – in case you are wondering, here’s exactly who we’ve been talking to…
- Hamilton Field Naturalists Club
- Australian Plants Society (APS) Grampians – Pomonal
- Ararat Rotary Club
- Panyyabyr / Glenthompson Landcare & Mirranatwa Landcare – Victoria Valley
- Hamilton Lions Club
- Ararat Landcare Group & Upper Hopkins Land Management Group
- Willaura Lions Club – Maroona
- Mt Gambier Probus Club
- Laharum Landcare
- Hamilton Society for Growing Australian Plants (SGAP)
- Our Catchments Our Communities Summit – Geelong
- Biolinks Alliance Symposium – Ararat/Dunkeld
- Lakes Rotary – Mt Gambier
- Hamilton North Rotary
- Sheepvention – Hamilton
- Winton Wetlands Restoration Science Forum – Benalla
- Newham Landcare Group
- Dunkeld general community talk (Dunkeld community centre)
- Friends of the Great South West Walk – Portland