‘Wetland Restoration 101’ – Reading the landscape with NGT (recorded at the Tasmanian Landcare Conference)
On Saturday the 2nd of October, I had the pleasure of being invited to present at the 2021 Tasmanian Community Landcare conference in Launceston. The only problem is that thanks to Covid-19 impacting on travel options, I couldn’t attend in person!
But every cloud has a silver lining.
Because I was a virtual presenter, you can now also watch a 16 minute recording of the presentation. The talk will give you a sense of the breadth of NGT’s wetland restoration work from over the past decade (with examples from Victoria, SA and Tasmania) – and also allow you to gain some insights into the tools we use to help us read the landscape, understand trajectories of ecological change over time and plan wetland restoration works.
Example wetland restoration projects mentioned in this presentation include:
- Rowan Swamp (Vic)
- Tilley Swamp (SA) (read more)
- Brady Swamp (read more) and Gooseneck Swamp (read more) (Vic)
- Walker Swamp (Vic) (read more)
- Scale Swamp (Vic) (read more)
- Moulting Lagoon and Apsley Marshes (Tas) (read more)
- Glenshera Swamp (SA) (read more)
- Pick Swamp (SA) (read more)