Your chance to contribute to NGT’s environmental work as the financial year comes to an end
Posted at 18 May 2022 at 12:51h in News, Fundraising
It’s been a really busy but also fantastic few weeks, meeting so many new and long-standing supporters at our events at Walker Swamp and Mt Vandyke. Thanks for everyone who joined our celebrations, and we hope you enjoyed hearing about our progress and being out in the bush with so many wonderful like-minded people.
Given the recent chance to catch up with so many people at this time of year, we’ve had a few questions about the NGT priorities for the coming year, which I am happy to share with you.
For anyone considering making a tax-deductible donation before the 30th June 2022, our current priorities are:
- Onsite facilities at Walker Swamp – so that NGT can more comfortably host the school students, volunteers, staff and other visitors who spend time with us at the site, we aim to build a shed/structure onsite, with composting toilets and a rainwater tank. Nothing fancy, just basic, easy to maintain facilities that will enable us to host groups year-round, regardless of the weather, and involve them in the restoration, management and monitoring of the property – which is an ongoing process that very much requires people to continue be part of the story. A very generous existing commitment from a donor has kick started our fundraising for this with $5000, which is a great start towards our goal of $40,000.
- Boosting the balance of the NGT Foundation – the purpose of Nature Glenelg Trust’s endowment fund is to create a reliable, stable, ongoing source of income to ensure the financial sustainability of NGT. We are still in the initial building phase of the Foundation, and working toward a time when the preserved capital balance has grown to a sufficient level to enable investment earnings to be judiciously used by NGT to support our work. All funds donated to our Foundation are preserved and ethically invested by our partners at the Australian Communities Foundation. Click here for further information about starting a named fund within our Foundation, or making a general contribution.
- Land purchase – with the next potential NGT Restoration Reserve in the pipeline, having funds set aside for land purchase puts us in a much stronger position to negotiate making our positive vision for the landscape a reality. Please click here for more information about making a contribution towards NGT’s next Restoration Reserve.
To discuss any of these options, please email us or give Paula Thomson a call on 0401 043 007.
Other ways to contribute:
- Volunteering: For opportunities in SA or the western Victorian coast, please contact Jess Bourchier (), and in the southern Grampians area of Victoria, please contact Lisa McIntyre ().
- If you like what we do, share our posts on Facebook, forward our newsletter or talk to your friends and family about our work. Many of our supporters are with us because they’ve been referred by friends who share our passion for the environment.
- Stay tuned to the newsletter for more opportunities to join us on site and learn about our work at one of our upcoming 10th Anniversary events later in 2022…