Your last chance… to book a place at our 10th Anniversary event at Walker Swamp next weekend
We have a great weekend of activities shaping up for our supporters, volunteers, neighbours and guests who are joining us next weekend at Walker Swamp. Everyone is welcome, and it is not too late for you to register to join us! To confirm our numbers for catering, we will continue to take bookings until 5pm on Wednesday 27th April.
Once you register, you will be provided with the full program and directions a couple of days in advance, but we can tell you that the weekend will include things like:
- A free BBQ lunch on Saturday, followed by a NGT hosted short walk around 4 stops to learn about the restoration of Walker Swamp from our ecologists. You’ll learn all about hydrology and flows, aquatic life in the water, waterbirds, community volunteering and education, the recovery of native wetland plants, site history and more!
- A spotlighting walk on Saturday evening.
- A tree-planting session on Sunday morning to help us return the forgotten woodland species of this landscape back to the banks of the wetlands at Walker Swamp.
- A hike on Sunday afternoon (for those with sufficient fitness) around the perimeter of Walker Swamp to see the recovering wetland (and the works required to achieve its restoration) literally from all angles.
- A warm campfire, hot cuppa, and a place to mingle with fellow supporters of wetland restoration throughout the weekend.
To register please click here, or on the link below:
Finally, we also have special side-activities planned for bird-watchers at our nearby restoration reserve at Green Swamp (a Brolga flocking site restored by NGT) and a dawn bird-watching session at Walker Swamp. Although these sessions are now fully booked, you can register your interest in filling any last-minute cancellations or for attending a future session by directly emailing Paula Thomson ().
We look to seeing you out in nature soon!