Nature Glenelg Trust is established as an environmental organisation for the following purposes:
- To protect and enhance the natural environment, with a particular emphasis on wetland conservation and restoration activities in the Focal Region*, supported by the Habitat Restoration Fund.
- To generate and provide high quality scientific information that enhances management of the natural environment.
- To support and undertake key conservation ecology research predominantly within, but not limited to, the Focal Region.
- To promote public awareness of nature through education, and involving the community in the activities of the Trust.
* Our focal region includes the NRM regions situated between Melbourne (Victoria) and Adelaide (South Australia).