Your chance to join the NGT team! – Field Ecologist / Technician and Field Crew employment pool
Are you passionate about the natural environment and our native species, or know someone who is? Are you keen to build or extend your experience by working with our committed team of ecologists, joining our not-for profit, purpose driven organisation? If so, then we’d like to hear from you!
We are currently recruiting for a pool of casual or short term field staff (experienced or inexperienced) to work alongside our core staff over the busy spring/summer field work period. There are multiple opportunities available, and the pool may be used to recruit for future and longer term positions as they become available.
Field Ecologists and Field Technicians
These positions are predominantly field based and provide additional capacity and support to our existing team of Senior and project ecologists. Currently we have field work opportunities in western Victoria and across South Australia (from the Adelaide and Fleurieu areas right through to the Riverland), we also regularly have opportunities throughout southern NSW, and across Victoria and Tasmania.
Field Ecologists and Field Technicians should have the following skills and capabilities:
- Must be physically fit and able to undertake field work throughout western Victoria and/or SA (Adelaide and regional).
- Willing and available to work away from home for periods of time.
- Experience in leading a small field team, 4WD and/or boat operation skills are desirable but not essential.
Must have relevant degree or demonstrated experience in one or more of the following technical fields:
- Bird identification and survey.
- Aquatic species, including freshwater fish, survey, handling and identification.
- Native vegetation identification and survey.
These positions are based in or near Mt Gambier (SA), and provide additional capacity to our existing Field crew team. The field crew undertake a range of on-ground works tasks either on our NGT reserves or to support projects we are delivering with our partners. Field crew positions suit practical people who love working outdoors and are willing to get in and lend a hand. Being a field crew member is a great way to experience the breadth of work we undertake, and see some amazing places.
Field crew should have the should have the following skills and capabilities:
- Must be physically fit and able to undertake field work in sometimes challenging conditions.
- Weed control experience (or willingness to learn).
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. ChemCert, chainsaw use) are an advantage.
- Based in, or accessible to, Mt Gambier (SA).
We are keen to hear from people of all ages and levels of experience and sub-contracting (where that is preferred by the applicant) may also be considered as an option.
Please submit a short (1-2 page) Expression of Interest telling us about yourself, your experience and availability (Sept – December), together with a copy of your latest CV to . Call Melissa Herpich for more information on 0408 230 001, or email .
Whilst we will take EOIs until 30th September 2022, applicants are encouraged to get EOIs in ASAP as a number of opportunities are coming up in September.